Changes in Dad 1.35 since 1.30
- Dad can now write evcat format on dad files. The flag
CAC_CHECKSUM does enable this format which packs records
into a frame of |framelength|buffer|checksum|.
- Update Access to a server without a keytable/file in the server
connected to this dataflow is now possible.
- Metatable comparison did not check dimension for projector
- Make fasthac again Adamo compatible... Needs Adamo 3.3
July95 or later. This means that dad now compiles with either
the hermes ADAMO library or any ADAMO library which was released
after July 95.
- Alphas need alignment of 8bytes. Bug in parser got fixed.
- SunOsRef - the funny reference system for a generic SUN
at Cern needs a special
configuration entry and got it.
- Fixed dadAcceptSelect binding for ultrix (strip off last char).
- Open listener after reading in possible log files in the server.
This avoids timeouts for connected clients when reading in the
call so that tabid and rowid become vectors
for each socket. This is needed as so_act will act on all
sockets which have complete blocks at a given time.
- A new call
dadReleaseFile allows the
server to release the database file.
- Messages could be lost if booking clients were not in the message loop
and send commands to the message socket.
- dadHost does now also regard "" strings as default - so f77
can use the defaults, too.
- Added a new option '-x' at startup to force a startup even
if a previous startup has failed / was aborted.
The Information Dataflow was extended by DadUser to give
- Journal files did not contain time corrections for the
original sender machines.
- Included integer arithmetics into the parser.
- Initialize an uninitialized string passed to ASKACC.
- Fix some of the newly introduced integer functions of the parser.
- Fix bug in updating mechanism.
- Fix for the faulty SGI daylight saving time handling. You will need
an additional dadzone.inf
file in either $DAD_LIB or $HERMES_ROOT/lib on SGIs.
- dadDoConnect (and all Open Routines) did not return an error if the
max number of files was open, and in addition dadClose routines
did not close properly so that a file table overflow was always
happening with many close open actions.
- dadRewind can now also act on read-only
dadDoConnect can use a new
Open mode to connect to a server. With CAC_NOSYNC
no time synchronization is tried - even if the server and
client system times differ.
- A new connection type "WMEM" and "RMEM" is introduced for (on SGIs)
fast information exchange as the pipes are handles there VERY
dadDoConnect should be called
with an additional flag CAC_KEEPEXEC to keep a file handle
for the server connection open in the case of an exec. This is needed
as some spawned and dirty processes seem to change the clients
file connections to the server and therefore the files are now
automaticly close_on_exec per default.
This page is maintained by Wolfgang Wander.