Create a filehandler for a file opened with open.
createFH fileId [mask procedure]
- The fileId is what you receive from open when opening a file
or a pipe.
- The mask defines, when the filehandler should be
invoked. It is a string build up out of the following letters:
- r fileId is readable
- w the fileId is writable
- e an exception happened on fileId (e.g. the pipe broke).
- The PinK procedure will be called when
the condition defined by mask becomes true. The procedure
will receive two arguments, the fileId and a mask (coded with the
letters as defined above) giving the current condition:
<procedure> fileId mask
If this argument is omitted the call back mechanism for the
given fileId is stopped.
- Return value: The previous setting of a filehandler for this fileID
This page is maintained by
last modification: Nov 21 1996 .